Give students the opportunity to tap into their inner scientist with this Structures and Properties of Matter bundle. Closely aligned with the NGSS standards for fifth grade.
This bundle addresses the following FIVE Big Questions:
- What Is Matter Made Of?
- Why Are Materials Different?
- How Can Substances Be Identified?
- How Do Scientists Know When Substances Change?
- How Is Matter Conserved When Substances Change?
Included in this Unit Bundle:
- 50-day lesson plan outline (with digital notebook and assessment links for use in Google Classroom)
- Full guided notes for structures and properties of matter, conserving matter, chemical reactions, identifying properties, and matter and materials. (4 different versions within – page numbers and lesson numbers for differentiation or without)
- Passages to support the guided notes.
- PowerPoint slideshows to assist with notes and lesson plans. A bonus “Show What You Know” set of printable questions as derived from each slideshow.
- Eleven investigations for a hands-on and presentation experience.
- Supporting study guides.
- 10 question assessments.
- Outlined Scope and Sequence for each lesson.
- START HERE guide with additional tips to support using the material for each lesson.
Look for the START HERE guide first when opening each zipped file. There is a separate file with the digital links if you prefer to have students follow along using a digital notebook (Google Slides). Additionally, you can assign your students a digital partially self-grading assessment (Google Forms), as well as the same with a digital partially self-grading study guide. You will need to make a copy and save in Google Drive and you can assign using Google Classroom (perfect for students who may be absent).
Next Generation Science Standards Addressed:
**PLEASE email me ([email protected]) if you have any questions or need support.