Saint Patrick’s Day is upon us, and so is the ability to be festive. Our latest adventure was creating a Saint Patrick’s parade float using any and all materials we would normally use for art. My daughter was so excited she asked if we could turn the design into a real life float using cardboard boxes!
We created in the following order (though I’m sure you could create however easiest):
- Print templates on thick card stock.
- Color and paint float (rounded square) and allow it to dry.
- Cut templates from each page following the directions at the top.
- Have your child or students write on the provided ‘writing template’ paper and cut it out.
- Take a colored sheet of cardstock, glue the float, and car bumper to bumper.
- Take any additional art materials and glue on top of the float, then attach the written prompt.
- Now, take it for a ride … or hang it on display!
I do hope you have enjoyed this quick crafting idea and have some fun ideas planned for the Saint Patrick’s Day holiday. Want more? Click here to snag your own free Saint Patrick parade tickets to include with your float or pass out to your students for a little holiday fun! Feel free to comment and let me know what you have enjoyed or what you would like to see more of!