I never thought we would reach this time of the school year …. without being at school, but never fear we can still have fun at home, celebrating with our students – virtually! See some ideas for celebrating end of the year activities from home and check out some amazing resources, both free and paid from some amazing teachers far and wide!
Keeping it “Classy”
In true form and fashion, you can find tons of editable End of Year awards to gift to your students – and what’s even better, you can still do this digitally while also giving your students the opportunity to vote for their peers, too!
These end of year awards can be used both in the classroom and out! There is a link included for distance learning where you can edit the awards through Google Slides and send individually to each student.
End of Year Slideshows
I’m sure you were already aware that you could create end of year slideshows in PowerPoint, but did you know that you can still do that using Google Slides? You can also still create in PowerPoint and upload the slides into Google Slides, hit ‘share’, and email to all of your students.
One of my favorite current platforms is remove.bg where you have the ability to upload ANY picture and then have the background removed. I’ve done this several times to use in my pictures that I share (see example below) and you can do the same with your students!!! You can use pictures from this school year OR have them send you a photo where you can remove the background and make a collage. The possibilities are endless.
Celebrations via Zoom or Google Meet
My students have been participating in live Quizizz competitions, and it got me thinking. Wouldn’t that be a fun way to end the school year? Whether it is a competition on academics or you create your own Quiz about the class. Your students will be overjoyed! I host live tournaments using Google Meet and am able to project the tournament for my students to see from my screen while they are participating. There is never a quiet moment ‘in the house’ while the students are playing … and even after. Easy to note that the same can be done if you are using Zoom.
READY TO CELEBRATE?
Check out some of these AMAZING end of year products created by some teachers with fun on the brain!!
- Adventures of a 4th Grade Classroom: Kindness Calendar May
- Cait’s Cool School: End of Year Report Card Freebie
- Classroom Fun and Games: Positive Notes
- Endeavors in Education: End of Year Science Freebie
- Fifth is my Jam!: Digital End of School Year Writing Prompt Freebie
- Let’s be Franco: Test Prep Boot Camp, Multiplying and Dividing Whole Numbers
- Lit With Laura: A Parent’s Guide to Google Classroom
- SSSTeaching: Listening Center Response Quiz Sample
- A Blissful Adventure: Digital Wax Museum Project
- Adventures of a 4th Grade Classroom: Plan a Dream Vacation PBL, Google Slides
- Amazing Materials for You by Amy Dickson: Editable Harry Potter End of Year Awards
- Cait’s Cool School: Welcome Presentation Digital End of Year Activity
- Classroom Fun and Games: Truth or Dare
- Draz’s Class: 5th Grade Brochure, End of Year Activity
- Endeavors in Education: End of Year Memory Books
- Fifth is my Jam!: Digital Countdown to the Last Day of School Motivational Strips and Journal
- Hutzel House of Music: Song Parody Writing Unit
- La Profe Plotts: Spanish I Review, Boom Cards
- Lauermania: Transition to Middle School, Editable Flipbook
- Learning With Lexie: End of Year Bookmark Superlatives
- Let’s be Franco: Test Prep Boot Camp 5th Grade, Google Forms
- Lit With Laura: Digital End of Year Letter to Next Year’s Teacher
- Mallory Cameron – Cameron Classroom: End of Year Brochures
- Pencils and Playgrounds: End of Year Activities
- SSSTeaching: Selfie End of Year Awards for Students
- The Mountain Teacher: End of Year Memory Book for Any Grade
I do hope you were able to find some amazing adventures to use the last few weeks you have – whether it’s at home with your own kiddos OR virtually with your students. Please feel free to let me know below how you’re going to spend the end of year in a fun way!