It is no secret that teachers LOVE to have fun the last week of school. Testing is O-V-E-R (and honestly, everyone is drained). If you haven’t already started a countdown, now is the time! But who am I kidding? You know you’re counting down somewhere. I am the type of teacher that loves a good theme. Yes, I would LOVE to rock out all these weekly (or monthly) themed lessons like teacher pros I see on Social Media, but I truly do not have time for that. I guess I am a different type of learner (and that’s okay). However, I WILL (I repeat . . .) I will host an end-of-year class party like no other! And yes, it will be themed!
My most favorite way to celebrate, so far, and I have repeated this annually, is to host a luau-themed class ‘party’ or an Aloha party. I use the word party loosely because it’s truly a celebration, but we don’t get wild and crazy! Here’s what I do each year:
- I begin by creating invitations. I send these home in our weekly folder at least two weeks before the party so that parents can plan. I like to invite parents to the classroom to celebrate with us (and truly they can stay as long as they like!) I print the invitations on some thick white cardstock. I like to save a little ink, so I typically include just one or two colorful designs, not the whole card.
- Since I typically have the same themed party, annually, I reuse a lot of my decor but if I am able to locate something in the Target Dollar Spot, I will snatch it up! A lot of times, I decorate using the butcher paper from the supply room: cover tables, walls for photo backdrops, etc. As a part of my invitation, I ask parents and guardians to donate snacks. I also have a plan for the basic items I will bring which includes drinks and chips.
- I create an end-of-year slideshow featuring pictures from the entire school year. I include group pictures and give each student an individual slide!!
- Along with the slideshow, I like to have a Luau-themed memory book printed and stapled for my students to complete until the festivities begin and take home with them!
- Lastly, I pass out a class certificate to each student. I usually run to the dollar tree and pick up a cute little gift or two to include with the certificate.
Are you ready to host your Luau-themed class party today?! Click here to grab your FREE set of editable invitations, class certificates, and slideshow! Enjoy the last few days – every single second will be worth it!
This site contains affiliate links. This simply means if you buy something using my link, I will receive a very small portion of the sales. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. It is my promise to you that I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support my Website, and I genuinely appreciate your support. Tell your friends!