Allow students to tap into their inner biologist with this Energy and Matter in an Ecosystem bundle. Closely aligned with the NGSS standards for fifth grade.
This bundle addresses the following FIVE Big Questions:
- What Is an Ecosystem and the Organisms Within?
- Where Do Plants Get the Material They Need for Growth?
- How Does Matter and Energy Flow in an Ecosystem?
- How Do We Know If an Ecosystem is Healthy or Unhealthy?
- How Do Humans Change Ecosystems?
Included in this bundle:
- 43-day lesson plan outline (with a digital notebook and assessment links included for use in Google Classroom, etc.)
- Full guided notes for the flow of energy and matter in an ecosystem, the organisms within, what makes an ecosystem healthy and unhealthy, and how humans change the ecosystem. (4 different versions within – page numbers and lesson numbers for differentiation or without)
- Passages to support the guided notes.
- PowerPoint slideshows to assist with notes and lesson plans. A bonus “Show What You Know” set of printable questions derived from each slideshow.
- Six investigations for a hands-on and presentation experience.
- Supporting study guides.
- 10-question assessments.
- Outlined Scope and Sequence for each lesson.
- START HERE guide with additional tips to support using the material for each lesson.
Look for the START HERE guide first when opening each zipped file. There is a separate file with the digital links if you prefer to have students follow along using a digital notebook (Google Slides). Additionally, you can assign your students a digital partially self-grading assessment (Google Forms), as well as the same with a digital partially self-grading study guide. You will need to make a copy and save it in Google Drive, and you can assign using Google Classroom (perfect for students who may be absent).
Next Generation Science Standards Addressed:
**PLEASE email me (fi[email protected]) if you have any questions or need support.